Unoccupied residential property insurance


Owning a property that is empty can have its problems. Our providers have designed an insurance policy to serve the whole host of empty properties scenarios. Whatever the reason, it is important to ensure your customers get suitable protection, we can offer two levels of cover. The full cover our providers gives includes accidental damage as standard, or it can be restricted to flee and liability owners.

Should a property become tenanted during a period of insurance, then you will take out a new policy as it is a different insurance.

Do you want home insurance? Click here for more information.

Period of insurance.

We can offer a choice of short term and annual policy.

  • 3 months.
  • 6 months.
  • 12 months.

The two levels of cover we offer;

Unoccupied full cover – standard including;

  • Accidental damage to buildings and contents.

Unoccupied restricted cover;

  • Fire, lighting, earthquake, explosion and liability

Property owners liability and legal liability as occupiers;

When buildings only or the buildings and contents are insured, property owners liability and legal liability as occupiers are covered. If the contents only are insured, the legal liability as occupiers covered. For an additional premiums on contents only policies, we can include property owners liability of £5 million cover.

Are you looking for residential landlords insurance? Click here for a quote.

Standard cover provided:

Buildings and contents are covered for loss or damage directly caused by;

  • Fire, lighting, earthquake, explosion
  • Storm, flood or weight of snow
  • Escape of water from any appliance, pipe or tank
  • Escape of oil from any appliance, pipe or tank
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Riot
  • Malicious damage or terrorism
  • Collision with the property by aircraft, animals or vehicles
  • Falling trees or branches, lampposts or telegraph poles
  • Breakage or collapse of satellite television equipment
  • Subsidence, landslip or heave of the site of which the building stands.

Building cover also includes;

  • Accidental damage
  • Underground services
  • Loss of rent or alternative accommodation after 100% of the building sum insured
  • Trace and access
  • Buyers benefit
  • Landscape gardens
  • Fire extinguisher expenses
  • Emergency access
  • Close circuit TV
  • Additional expenses
  • Nest removal
  • Fly tipping
  • Index linking
  • £5 million property owners liability
  • £5 million legal liability as occupier

Contents cover also includes;

  • Accidental damage
  • £10 million accidents to domestic staff
  • £5 million legal liability as occupier or landlord.

Are you looking for commercial property insurance? Occupied or unoccupied? Click here for an instant quote.


Related Articles

Subscribe for all the latest updates from the iInsure365 News Centre