Residential blocks of flats/ Apartments insurance


This policy provides buildings cover for purpose built blocks or building conversions, including maisonettes and residential blocks.

Key features:

  • Sum insured up to £3 Million (we can also cover much higher up to £200 million)
  • Cover can be arranged for blocks that are owner occupied and blocks of flats that are alternatively used as holiday homes or left unoccupied.
  • £10,000 communal contents cover including free of charge higher amounts can be covered
  • Loss of rent and alternative accommodation
  • Discounts available for newer blocks and higher sums insured
  • £5 million legal liability to public cover
  • £5 million to accidents to domestic staff cover

Are you looking for home insurance for your property? Click here for more information.

Covers available:

  • Freeholders
  • Residents association
  • Management companies
  • Companies
  • Individuals
  • Joint policy holders

Standard cover provided:

Buildings and communal contents are covered for a loss or damage directly caused by;

  • Fire, lighting, earthquake, explosion
  • Aircraft and other flying devices or items dropped from them
  • Storm, flood or weight of snow
  • Escape of water from and frost damage to fixed water tanks, apparatus or pipes
  • Escape of oil from a fixed domestic or fire heated installation and smoke damage caused by a fault in any fixed domestic heat installation
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Collision by any vehicle or animal
  • Any person taking part in a riot, violent disorder, strike, labour disturbance, civil commotion or acting maliciously
  • Fallen trees, telegraph poles or lampposts
  • Breakage or collapse of fixed radio and television aerials, fixed satellite dishes and fittings and masts
  • Subsidence, landslip or heave on the site of which the building stands

Looking for residential insurance? Click here for a free instant quote.

Building cover also includes;

  • Additional damage to glass, double glazing, solar panels, sanitary wear and ceramic hobs
  • Additional damage to any underground water or gas main, sewer or drain pipe or underground electricity or telephone cable
  • Loss of rent or alternative accommodation by the block or any individual flat or apartment cannot be lived in, followed by a loss or damage
  • Increased domestic water chargers
  • Additional expenses
  • Buyers benefit – for the block, or individual flats or apartments
  • Trace and access
  • Replacement locks to alarms and outside doors on the block or individual flats or apartments
  • Landscape gardens
  • Fire extinguishers expenses
  • Emergency access
  • Closed circuit TV
  • Nest removal
  • Fly tipping
  • Index linking
  • Legal liability as owners of the block and owner occupier of common/communal areas up to £5 million
  • Legal liability up to £5 million for accidents to domestic, staff employed in connection of running and maintenance of the blocks or flats or apartments

Are you looking for commercial property insurance? Want not one but up to three instant quotes? Click here now!


Related Articles

Subscribe for all the latest updates from the iInsure365 News Centre