Landlord Insurance

Simple landlord building insurance that works with you

Give us a call

01273 827090

Make an enquiry

You won’t have to worry about filling out long and lengthy forms to find cheap landlord insurance. With iInsure365 you can speak to one of the team who will find you a quote from our panel of providers

A landlord may have one or more properties in the United Kingdom that they rent out to others. It is important for landlords to spend time looking for the right insurance. Make sure to find an insurance policy specifically designed for landlords.

We often find that a new landlord will think that a home insurance policy will suffice. This is not the case and often when they make a claim the insurer will almost certainly turn it down. Standard home insurance policies mostly cover homeowners or property owners, not landlords. If you stick with your normal house insurance policy you could find yourself with no cover at all.

Landlord building insurance tailored towards landlords and their specific requirements. We will ensure that we understand what you need cover for. Even eventualities such as alternative accommodation and loss of rental income.

accidental damage

Will I get cover for accidental damage?

Not every policy has accidental damage but most of our providers include this in their standard policy.

Accidental damaged covers you for an unintentional and one off incident that harms your property or contents.  Common examples are dropping of a laptop or spilling a glass of red wine on a new beige carpet.

We recommend that you always ask for it to be included within any policy you may be taking out.


Is Contents Insurance necessary?

A landlord might want to consider adding contents insurance if they are renting out the property fully furnished. Yet, they are not responsible for insuring the tenants’ belongings.

As always there will be some items that aren’t covered by the standard insurance policy. A good example could be kitchen appliances but each policy is different. It is important to check what the policy includes and to ensure you have enough contents cover.

iInsure365 offers cover for buildings and content as well as contents cover only.

What about Malicious Damage?

Malicious damage insurance isn’t a cover that can be taken out on its own. The definition for most insurers is damage caused by somebody on purpose. Some insurers will include damage made by tenants and some won’t. You will need to check the wording of your policy and what excess applies. It will pay for the cost of repairing intentional damages. In a block of flats, you may find that the freeholder has insured the entire building. If that is the case they will then be responsible for any damage that takes place at the property. It is important for landlords to realise that damage does not cover the tenant’s possessions. It is always a good idea for tenants to take out their own insurance for their belongings.

Insurance Cover You Can Trust

iInsure365 provide tailor-made Insurance to give you the protection you need. We have cover provided by Aviva and other major UK insurers. All this to be sure that we provide the best landlord insurance in the UK.

This is to ensure that both landlords and buy-to-let owners can get the coverage they need. We will compare the market for you, without compromising on the quality of the cover.

Our clients know that they can rely on us for quick and simple solutions. We can issue documents on the same day we set up the insurance policy.

We provide simple landlords insurance that is easy to understand and comprehensive. Request a call back for either a commercial or residential landlord insurance quote. We will call when it suits you best.

Being a landlord carries a whole range of risks and responsibilities.

Normal home insurance doesn’t provide the full range of protection you need. You need specific Landlord Building Insurance to protect your investment or risk further financial losses. iInsure365 understand that a landlord will want peace of mind as they cannot be at the property the whole time.

So it is imperative to have the best landlord insurance possible. Our customers know this and trust us to compare insurance for them as we understand the pitfalls open to a buy to let landlord.

Why iInsure365?

We understand the Buy to let industry more than most. We not only offer good value building and contents insurance. But have an insight at the best ways of how to protect your investment by giving you total peace of mind.

We have a panel of insurance that understand how to meet the needs of landlords by offering various types of policies for your rental property. We can give you peace of mind that you have effective buildings and contents landlords insurance.

Also, we offer comprehensive coverage for landlords throughout the UK, providing solutions for all types of landlords. Whether you are a new landlord or existing we can help you with our experienced staff. From insuring a single property to managing a portfolio of many properties.

Make sure that you get the right cover for your home and buildings through our experienced team. It is our business to ensure that your property has the bespoke service that compliment your needs.

Our highly trained staff access and cover all areas of concerns for you. We have over 20 years experience within the landlord sector and understand what people need. Moreover, you will never have to speak to a call centre.

Above all, we treat each of our customers with the same respect and loyalty that they deserve. Safe in the knowledge that their most valued properties are with a highly trusted company.

why iinsure365
Why not look at our Google reviews. Consistent five stars cannot be wrong with any of our clients?
Why not call us on (01273) 827090 or email us at and we will be able to go through what your requirements are to your total satisfaction.

Do you use comparison websites to compare quotes? Did you know the insurance company pay to be at the top of these lists therefore you are not always getting the best price least alone cover. Building insurance cover can range massively from one insurance company to another and you may find that a comparison doesn’t cover you for the damage you need.

Have you considered the cost of rebuilding? Have you considered if there are going to be burst pipes? Are you covered for this? Are you covered for falling trees? Have you also covered the contents? These are all the questions you need to ask yourself when dealing with these types of insurance. We are able to provide you not only with one quote but various and this can be done instantly. If you are looking for an instant quote then click here we should be able to produce you three quotes instantly.

We are very proud to deal with many types of insurance companies as well as different types of occupants. Do you have a person that is unusually occupying your property such as Asylum Seekers? We can insure this for you. Do you have any unoccupied property at this moment? We can also deal with this for you.


Don’t hesitate to contact us on 01273 827090 or email us on

More Landlord Insurance Information

What information do I need to get a quote?
You will need some very basic information in order for us to give you a quote such as:-

  • The declared value of the property
  • How you would like to pay
  • Any claims history you may have
  • What type of property it is
  • The tenancy type i.e. whether the leaseholders live there or someone rents the flats out on a short or long term basis
  • What type of cover you are looking for? We can go through this with you
  • Who the policy should be in the name of and if any mortgage providers need a there interest noted

We can help you through the process. We can provide you with a policy that can start immediately.

Landlord insurance is normally some form of umbrella with different various strands of cover bolted together for anyone who rents their home out. It can be up to you to decide what it includes although the more you cover the more it will cost.

You will get standard cover for:-

Buildings cover – this helps you to rebuild or repair your home if the structure is damaged. It could be from anything such as fire, flood etc. but they will be able to help you.

Cover for your contents – this isn’t always included as a standard cover but more than likely. If for instance somebody stole something from you other than a tenant or was damaged by fire, flood or more then the insurance company will pay out.

Loss of rent or alternative accommodation – again this isn’t a standard policy but it can be standard or an added extra. It doesn’t pay up when the tenants haven’t paid their rent. What it does is it helps you to rehouse the tenant in the event that the property is damaged to such an extent that they are unable to live at the property.

Optional extras are:-

  • Accidental damage – this is where your tenant may have accidentally spilt something on the furnishings at your property. It may be wine on a carpet etc. It is something that you would need to seriously look at and it is normally an additional extra.
  • Malicious damage – this definitely will not be included within your policy. It is extremely rare and it is normally an added item. But could you afford for you tenant to vandalize your property and you not be covered for it.
  • Legal expenses – this is when you might have a dispute with either a neighbour or a tenant. But it doesn’t mean that you will be able to claim for evicting them. It is a dispute service rather than a rent collection service.
  • Public liability – if a tenant or visitor is injured from your property. If something fell off and hit them then you would be responsible to pay out the claim and this is what the insurance company would cover you for.
  • Property damage due to the illegal cultivation of drugs – this is becoming more and more common. Where tenants have cultivated drugs at the property without your consent and you have had to reinstate your property. The cost can be hundreds of thousands and it is so important that you have this type of cover
  • Contents cover if your property is furnished – even if you do have some form of contents cover it wouldn’t cover you for the furniture. You need to ensure that you have this included if you do supply furniture. It is normally an added extra. For example basic furniture might not be expensive to replace. But where you have got a house and potentially students it could run into the thousands. It is so important that you ensure that it is covered for you.
Who occupies the property?
When taking out a policy you will be asked what your tenants do. Their occupations are categorised for ease. These are the main categories you can choose from:

  • Employees
  • Students
  • Those in receipt of housing benefits
  • Unemployed
  • Self-employed
  • Asylum seekers
  • Retired
  • A mix of the above

It matters because the type of tenant in the property will have an impact on how much you pay for landlord insurance. For instance, letting to students or those in receipt of housing benefits will result in a higher premium. This is because of assumptions made around these groups’ lack of income or low level of take-home pay. Due to this, they represent a higher risk to insurers, who worry you’ll struggle to fill your rental property. In particular, you’ll pay a much steeper premium if you want your policy to cover you for non-payment of rent.

We will always ask who is renting the property as we have certain insurers that look at some tenant types more favourably than others. It is always in our interest to find the best level of cover for the best price possible.

What if the property is vacant?
You will need to notify us if the property is vacant for more than 30 days. It won’t be a problem if this is the case. There may be an extra premium to pay due as a vacant property represents a higher risk to an insurer. Most policies will cover you for a claim if your property’s left empty for a short period, usually 30 days. Handy if you’re planning a quick renovation or kitchen overhaul. So if thieves broke in or your property suffered damage from a water leak, you’d get a pay-out. Your property may have been taken over by squatters, vandalised or damaged by fire or flood. If you don’t notify your insurer, you could find yourself uninsured and out of pocket.
Should I look at comparable websites?
Yes, you can get quotes from them, but, in all cases, insurance providers pay to be at the top of the page. You therefore wouldn’t receive or get the best possible price or cover. They are not independent. Insurers pay for the listings and they are trying to make the most out of the quote that they can. They are not in your best interest and should be avoided. It is a specialised market. Comparable websites are for general insurance such as home cover. You could be compromising on your cover that could leave you underinsured or with no insurance.
How did I get here?
Accidental landlords are growing in numbers. It could be that they have married and moved into a partner’s home and rent out their old home. Or those who inherit a property and decide to let it out rather than sell. Failing to let your insurer know or take out landlord insurance would mean that any insurance claim would be invalid.


You could ring your existing insurer which, in most cases, will simply ‘upgrade’ your ordinary home insurance policy. It takes just one phone call and there’ll usually be a higher premium to pay to reflect this greater risk.


But do this and you’ll usually find your new policy won’t include key landlord specific extras such as loss of rent or public liability.


iInsure365 are landlord insurance specialists so we understand the level of cover necessary. There are specific risks that tenanted properties are exposed to. Our experience in this field sets us apart.

Is Landlord Insurance a Legal Requirement?
There’s no legal obligation for a landlord to take out a dedicated insurance policy. But, if you have a mortgage on your property your lender will likely need proof of insurance before releasing the funds. Remember, you’ll generally need written permission from your mortgage lender to let out your property. Failure to get this may mean that you’re breaking the terms of the mortgage. Also, failing to have the correct insurance means that the landlord is liable for any damage to the building.