We have various different providers but our landlords insurance policy is designed for all landlords, whether they are accidental landlords, property investor or have multiple property portfolios. Some of the providers have been awarded five stars by Defaqto and includes 40 covers as standard for comprehensive protection.
The policies are transferable mid-term between different types and can be amended to unoccupied should these arise.
- All tenant types accepted, including HMO’s.
- Accidental damage cover for buildings and contents.
- Malicious damage caused by tenants cover.
- Theft or attempted theft by tenants cover.
- £1 million loss of rent/alternative accommodation cover.
- £5,000 landlords cover for white goods, curtains, carpets, blinds including the building insurance.
- £5 million property owners liability cover.
- £5 million occupiers liability cover.
- 60 days of unoccupancy cover between tenants with no reduction in cover, 90 days for student lets.
- Authorisation alteration including conversation to cannabis farms cover.
Property owners liability and legal liability as occupied or landlords.
When building only or buildings and contents are insured, property owners liability and legal liability as occupier or landlord are covered. If the contents only are insured, the legal liability as occupier or landlord is covered. Cover for the property owners liability can be arranged on contents only policies for an additional premium, £5 million cover is provided.
Standard cover providers.
Buildings and contents are covered for loss of damage directly caused by;
- Earthquake or explosion
- Storm, flood or weight of snow
- Escape of water from any fixed appliance, pipe or tank
- Escape of oil from any fixed appliance, pipe or tank
- Theft or attempted theft
- Malicious damage or terrorism
- Residence damage caused by tenants
- Collision with the property by aircraft, animals or vehicles
- Falling trees or branches, lamppost or telegraph poles
- Breakage or collapse of satellite television
- Subsidence, landslip or heave of the site of which the building stands.
Building insurance also covers;
- Accidental damage
- Theft or attempted theft by tenants
- Landlords contents up to £5,000 for carpets, curtains, blinds and white goods
- Underground services
- Loss of rent or alternative accommodation up to £1 million
- Trace and access
- Unauthorized alteration including conversion to cannabis farms
- Additional expenses
- Replacement locks
- Landscape gardens
- Fire extinguisher expenses
- Authorized use of services
- Emergency access
- Close circuit TV
- Fly tipping and abandoned contents
- Buyers benefit
- Index linking
- £5 million property owners liability
- £5 million legal liability as occupier or landlords
- £5 million legal liability under defected premises act 1972
Contents insurance also covers;
- Accidental damage
- Theft or attempted theft by the tenants
- Loss of rent / alternative accommodation up to 20% of the contents sum insured.
- £5 million legal liability as occupier or landlord.