iinsure 365
Call us

For competitive landlord insurance call us now

01273 827090

Commercial Property Insurance

We provide herewith a summary of questions relative to commercial insurance, this is not an exhaustive list. Commercial insurance is an individual requirement that needs to be right for the person and property. So we would need to discuss at length with you your requirements. We are here to help you make the right decision for your business. We have highlighted some items that we think may be important to you. However, your cover will depend on your circumstances and choices. The policy documents will provide the full details of your chosen cover.


The risks faced by businesses are vast and wide-ranging. They vary from storm damage to flood and fire to loss of income due to business interruption and liability for injury to customers or employees. There are also risks specific to the business or sector, which relate to your business only and we can help to identify and manage these. We have various commercial policies and different providers who can protect yourself, your employees and your business assets. Most of these are flexible too so you can choose the covers that meets your business needs now and in the future.


Will my landlord insurance cover my commercial property?

Absolutely not! You will need an insurance policy made specifically for commercial buildings. Insurers treat commercial properties differently to residential buildings. An important factor in the premium calculation is the type of business occupying the premises. For instance, an office block occupied by clerical workers may be a very low risk for an insurance company. Whereas a takeaway restaurant with a deep fat fryer could be a very high risk. It all depends on what the occupier does, and at what time of the day and week. There are some categories which may be a surprisingly high risk to insurers. Trades such as DIY stores, electrical goods stores, furniture and carpet shops and dry cleaners/launderettes.

What type of cover will I have?

You will have insurance covering the building as standard. This will also include property owners liability insurance. That will cover guests or employees attending your premises that hurt themselves due to a building fault. The level of cover can vary between £2M to £10M.

Can I have loss of rent covered?

Yes, we can cover you for loss of rent and again this relates to the type of business. The longer the cover i.e. whether 12 or 36 months then the cheaper the cover can be.

Does it cover my employees working on site?

Yes, it can. This may be subject to an additional premium. It depends on what they are doing at the property.

Are legal costs included?


Legal disputes can stretch the resources of any business. They can be complicated, costly and time-consuming. We can provide specialist policies that will help businesses and employees during legal disputes. You will find that most insurance companies have some form of legal costs cover for commercial property policies. However, it is important to check the perils covered and the level of cover provided. You can request to add legal expenses cover either from the start of the policy or midway through. Therefore, ensuring that the right cover is in place.

You will find that most insurance companies have some form of legal costs cover for commercial property policies. It is important to check the perils covered and the level of cover provided.

Do I need Terrorism?


It is essential in certain areas to have terrorism cover. It will depend on individual factors specific to the business and its nature. It protects the business against property damage and interruption caused by the acts of Terrorism. We would always suggest that you have this cover but it is up to you. You could always add the cover as an additional item and pay an additional premium. Please don’t hesitate to speak to us in this regard.



We can cover a wide range of commercial properties. This can range from purpose built office blocks to mobile home sites to retail shops and restaurants. There are very little scenarios that cannot be covered. However, each commercial policy needs an individual rating. We need to ensure that we have the whole of your property covered with the right commercial insurance for your building. We can even cover unoccupied commercial property. Which can be difficult to find a provider for.
Mark Harrington
Managing Director

For competitive commercial insurance call us now

01273 827090

Get A Quote