Simple landlord building insurance
that works with you

Give us a call
01273 827090
Make an enquiry

Request A Callback

Commercial insurance is an individual requirement that needs to be right for the person and property. So we would need to discuss at length with you your requirements.

We are here to help you make the right decision for your business. We have highlighted some items that we think may be important to you. However, your levels of cover will depend on your circumstances and choices. The policy documents will provide the full details of your chosen cover.

The possible financial losses businesses can face are vast and wide-ranging. They vary from storm damage to flood and fire to loss of income due to business interruption. There are also risks specific to the business or sector, which relate to your business only. We can help to identify and manage these. We have various types of business insurance and different providers to ensure you protect yourself, your employees and your business assets. Most of these are flexible too so you can choose the covers that meets your business needs now and in the future.

It might be easy to forget that insurance for commercial buildings is just as important as it is for residential buildings.

Many private homeowners compare insurance before buying. So too should commercial owners and landlords. When comparing commercial buildings insurance you want to be sure the policy will cover the cost of any financial loss you might suffer. For example buildings insurance and public liability in the case of compensation claims.

Even though you may have tenants in the building, accidents can still happen. There are things that cannot be foreseen such as a bus driving into a building for instance. We can provide adequate cover if anything were to happen.

Unoccupied Commercial Properties

An unoccupied commercial property can be extremely difficult to cover. We have providers for these risks though. We can with speed and ease provide you with comparable building insurance quotations.

Commercial properties can warrant the inclusion of specific items. We have the experience to provide affordable quotes to protect your building. We can offer policies that have an extensive range of cover, to include loss of rent and alternative accommodation. iInsure365 provide commercial insurance for a vast range of business premises with professional indemnity insurance. We can cover anything including registered offices, warehouses, retail units, shopping centres and restaurants. Likewise, we pride ourselves on finding the right policy for each individual building.

iInsure365 can provide an insurance policy for office blocks. Commercial policies consist of building cover, contents insurance, public liability, and alternative accommodation. We provide a commercial combined insurance policy. This is a package insurance policy that includes the building and the business. We can insure all different types of businesses, so request a call back from us and we will see how we can cover you.


Public liability insurance covers you for legal costs if a third party is injured or dies. Or their property is damaged as a result of your business activity. It covers you whilst you are out in public, and if you have clients visiting your business premises. You can usually choose cover limits between £1M and £5M you should pick a limit that reflects the work you do. For example, a builder is more likely to cause injury or property damage than a photographer. If you’re unsure of the limit your business needs speak to us.


It provides cover if your staff suffer injury or die whilst they are doing work for your business and you’re found to be negligent. You are legally required to have £5M employers’ liability cover if you have staff working for you. This includes volunteers, apprentices and people on work experience. You must keep your employers’ liability certificate on display at your business premises. For example in the staff room.


If you run a business that offers advice to customers for a fee. You will need to have professional indemnity insurance. The type of businesses that usually need professional indemnity insurance include Solicitors, Accountants, Financial advisors, Business consultants, Architects, Engineers

If you are unsure if you need professional indemnity insurance then speak to us. We can easily provide a quote by taking some basic information. So don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss it.

One Policy, Many Uses

We can insure commercial and residential parts of the same property in one policy. Most notably, this will ensure the easiest and most cost effective solution possible. We have partnerships with a number of major UK insurance companies. Due to this, our insurers have access to markets to ensure you have the correct business insurance cover you need.

More Landlord Insurance Information


When insuring a building, you must advise the insurer of the value to insure the property. This is known as the rebuild cost. If you get your rebuild costs wrong and they are lower than the correct value then you are at risk. So in the event of claims insurers will only pay a percentage of the claim amount. This method of paying out a percentage of a claim is known as a condition of average.

There are various ways that property owners can calculate the rebuild cost but the easiest way is via The website will work out for you the exact residential rebuilding cost.

We have teamed up with To provide you with affordable reinstatement costs. We are able to provide you with a comprehensive rebuild cost assessment (RCA) report guiding you on how much you should insure your building. This is a fantastic and affordable online service. Which can protect your organisation from the severe consequences of under insurance. Backed by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors organisation it lasts two years.


People often get confused between commercial insurance and business insurance. Business insurance provides financial protection for businesses. To include public liability insurance and cover for equipment and stock.

Business insurance is designed for sole traders and certified professionals. As well as larger companies with employees. Irrelevant of its size, it is important to get the right protection for your business.

If you work for yourself. You need business insurance to give you the same protection you would have had if you were employed. This also applies if you work from home.

What cover depends on:-

  • The type of business you run

  • What you need to protect eg tools, stock, contents

  • How many people you employ

You can tailor policies to include cover for your business deeds. You can include all these types of insurance under one policy. Or buy them separately if you need specialist cover.

You will need to notify us if the property is vacant for more than 30 days. It won’t be a problem if this is the case. There may be an extra premium to pay due as a vacant property represents a higher risk to an insurer. Most policies will cover you for a claim if your property’s left empty for a short period, usually 30 days. Handy if you’re planning a quick renovation or kitchen overhaul. So if thieves broke in or your property suffered damage from a water leak, you’d get a pay-out. Your property may have been taken over by squatters, vandalised or damaged by fire or flood. If you don’t notify your insurer, you could find yourself uninsured and out of pocket.

Commercial Insurance Articles


Subscribe for all the latest updates from the iInsure365 News Centre

AMP Subscription form

Client Testimonials

A very pleasing experience. As an IFA I deal with a lot of companies in the Insurance Industry who could learn a lot from how to deal with clients. They issue documents quickly and communication channels are always clear. We have benefited from the fact they can place cover immediately. So, I would advise anyone in a similar position to contact iInsure365.