Commercial occupied and unoccupied property insurance


Our providers give a commercial property insurance policy that is designed to cater for many uses and eventualities. It is suitable for properties occupied by the owner or let, leased or sublet to tenants.

Our cover for unoccupied properties is offers on a 3,6 or 12 month basis.

Are you looking for home insurance for your property? Click here for more information.

Key features;

  • A whole host of usages and trades accepted
  • Accidental damage cover of buildings and contents
  • Break glass cover
  • Malicious damage caused by tenants
  • Unauthorised alteration including conversion to cannabis farm cover
  • Loss of rent up to 25% of the buildings sum covered
  • £5 million property owners liability
  • £5,000 landlords contents cover for white goods, curtains, carpets and blinds included within the building insurance for residential areas

Types of risk covers.

  • Shops
  • Offices
  • Industrial units
  • Warehouses
  • Shops and residential accommodation
  • Offices with residential accommodation
  • Unoccupied commercial property

Property owners liability and employers liability

When the buildings are insured, we provide cover for £5 million legal liability. When buildings are insured we can provide cover on request for £10 million legal liability for employees employed in connection with the property.

Looking for residential insurance? Click here for a free instant quote.

Standard cover provided

Buildings and residential contents are covered for loss or damage directly caused by;

  • Fire, lighting, earthquake, explosion
  • Storm, flood or weight of snow
  • Escape of water from any appliance, pipe or tank
  • Escape of oil from any appliance, pipe or tank
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Riot
  • Malicious damage or a hold up by violence or thefts of violence
  • Malicious damage caused by the tenant
  • Collision with the property by aircraft, animals or vehicles
  • Falling trees or branches, lampposts or telegraph poles
  • Breakage or collapse of satellite television equipment
  • Subsidence, landslip or heave of the site of which the building stands but not when the property is insured as unoccupied.

Building cover also includes;

  • Accidental damage
  • Theft or attempted theft by tenant.
  • Landlords contents up to £5,000 for carpets, curtains, blinds and white goods in residential areas.
  • Underground services
  • Loss of rent up to 25% of the buildings sum insured
  • Trace and access
  • Unauthorised alteration including conversion to cannabis farms
  • Additional expenses
  • Replacement locks
  • Fire extinguisher expenses
  • Unauthorised use of services
  • Emergency access
  • Close circuit TV
  • Nest removal
  • Fly tipping
  • Index linking
  • £5 million property owners liability
  • £10 million employers liability

Contents (residential areas only) cover includes;

  • Accidental damage cover
  • Theft or attempted theft by tenant
  • Loss of rent up to 25% of the contents of sum insured

Are you looking for commercial property insurance? Want not one but up to three instant quotes? Click here now!


Related Articles

Subscribe for all the latest updates from the iInsure365 News Centre